Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Tami Ferguson canvas project-Dec13

Hello all,  I am back but yet again to share another canvas project I made for my other sister for Christmas in 2013.   Here is the canvas I made for my sister.



For this canvas I utilized many elements, textures and embellishments.  

Supply list:
- 1 Artist's Loft 8inX10in canvas
- 2 collage sheets of fabric
- Tim Holtz distress paint - scattered straw, mustard seed and walnut stain
- Tim Holtz idea-ology - Ruler Ribbon
- Inkessentials foil tape sheets
- Tim Holtz -Sizzix Alterations die - Love Struck - # 657484
- Tim Holtz - distress ink - gathered twig and old paper
- Tim Holtz idea-ology buckle embellishment
- grunge board
- antique ruler
- other embellishments paper and stamps

For this project I first took the canvas and used the distress paints and developed a background that would blend well with the collage fabric sheets.   Once the background as fully dry I then used matte medium to attach the collage fabric sheets to the canvas.

I then let that fully dry (you can use a heating tool to speed the process up) and then I wanted to seal the background.  So I sprayed the canvas with Matte Finish spray made by krylon.

I then took the heart I cut out and covered it with foil tape.  I used then the embossing folder Riveted Metal to give the heart dimension/texture.  I used aged mahogany distress stain and used sand paper as well to give it a textured look.   I attached wings from the idea-ology tim holtz embellishments onto the canvas.  I also used a Tim Holtz stamp on a transparency in this piece.

I then put this all together and added my sisters name to the piece to further personalize it.

I hope you enjoyed this canvas I made and thanks for stopping by my blog.

Thanks,

Trent-TMCreative

No comments:

Post a Comment