I wanted to take this kit and create a canvas wall art piece. I utilized three different canvas sizes to create this piece. Below I have listed the supplies used in this project.
The first canvas (top) I used frayed burlap, Shimmerz Cotton Candy & Treasure Hymn sprays. I utilized these sprays and inks to develop the back ground. I then took the Prima Shabby Chic Celiing Adornments and used the Shimmerz Cotton Candy spray and distress stain Gathered Twig to give the adornment great texture and color accents. Then after drying I applied the ceiling adornment with adhesive tape to the canvas.
The second canvas (middle) I used the Prima Fairy Rhymes Collection "Flower Song" paper as the focal point. I took the paper and used Tim Holtz ripper to rough up the sides and then distressed out the sides with gathered twig. I then attached that to the canvas using adhesive tape. Across the bottom I applied some of the gold Crinkle Ribbon, merci pastel flowers, metal bee embellishment (not part of kit), and two of the stickers that are found on the Prima Journaling sticker set.
The thrid canvas (bottom) I used Frayed burlap Distress stain, Shimmerz Treasured Hymn and brown paint and applied that as the base coat for the canvas. The after drying with heat tool I then used the stencil and shimmerz patina to give it a cool look. I then applied random objects cut from the Flower Song paper. I also used two stickers from the Prima journaling sticker sheet.
Once all complete I then attached the canvas together using jump rings and screw eyes.
When making this canvas project I used the following found in the kit:
- 1 12x12 Prima Fairy Rhymes Collection "Flower Song"
- 1 12x12 Prima Journaling spot stickers - used 4 stickers from the sheet
- 1 pkg Prima Shabby Chic Ceiling Adornments
- 1 yard of Gold Crinkle Ribbon
- 1 pkg Prima Merci Pastel Flowers
Items used from other add-on kits:
- Shimmerz Paints - Cotton Candy spray
- Shimmerz Paints - Treasured Hymn spray
- Shimmerz Paints - TextureZ Patina
- Prima Stencil - pochoirs stampini schablonen (item #564247)
Items used outside the kit:
- Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Frayed Burlap
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs
- Ink blending tool
- Metal bee embellishment
- Adhesive tape
- brown paint
- sand paper
- glue dots
- Tim holtz Idea-ology Jump Rings and Screw Eyes
- 1 Artist Loft 4in x 4in (10.1cm x 10.1cm) Canvas
- 1 Artist Loft 4in x 5in (10.1cm x 12.7cm) Canvas
- 1 Artist Loft 5in x 7in (12.7cm x 17.7cm) Canvas