I first started off with a # 10 size manila size tag (4 1/8” by 8 ½”). I used pumice stone and frayed burlap stains to give the tag an aged look and feel.
Then I took the sheet of Memorable “Hello” Friendly paper and ripped it jaggedly. I used gathered twig distress ink to then distress out the sides of the paper. I applied these two pieces of paper to upper left corner and lower right corner accordingly.
Then I used my sewing machine to stitch the paper into the tag using two different styles of stitching. I then took a journaling ticket and used a stamp from Tim Holtz stamp set CMS090-Going Somwhere- to give the tag a saying.
I then die cut out paper and cardboard with the tattered floral bigz sizzix die. I then utilized distress paints, distress inks to accent and color in the floral pieces.
I then used the brads that are part of the My Mind’s Eye kit and applied them to the floral pieces then used adhesive to attach to the tag.
I then took the butterfly sticker from the My Mind’s Eye sticker set and distressed the sides with gathered twig. Then I ran a coat of distress crackle paint (clear rock candy) to give it a shimmer look. Once I completed that, I then stapled the base butterfly on the tag in the upper left corner.
I then used the mini mover&shaper die to make butterflies out of chipboard. I used my favorite method of creating the butterfly by using distress dies, paint and crackle paint to give this the ultimate look.
I then applied those onto the tag randomly and used a word band in the left lower corner by attaching with staples.
You will notice that I used several items outside of the kit. For this project I wanted to show the versatility of the kit and how you can merge this with your current stash of products in your individual craft space.
I have not gone into great depth how to do each step but more high-level. If you have specific questions on this project let me know.
Products used from the kit are:
• 1 sheet of Memorable “Hello” Friendly Paper – My Mind’s Eye paper
• 5 brads from the My Mind’s Eye Decorative Brads package
• The large butterfly sticker from the My Mind’s Eye Decorative Sticker sheet
• Other scrap paper pieces from other My Mind’s eye paper to create tattered florals
Products used from an add-on kit are:
• Tim Holtz distress paint – antique linen
Products used not included with the kit are:
• Wendy Vecchi – Potting Soil – Archival Ink
• Tim Holtz Distress stains – pumice stone, aged mahogany, frayed burlap and salty ocean
• Tim Holtz distress paint – picked raspberry, peeled paint, walnut stain
• 1 Inkssentials #10 size manila tag – 4 1/8” x 8 ½”
• Tim Holtz idea-ology - 1 Journaling ticket
• Ink blending tool
• Mister bottle with water
• Tim Holtz distress crackle paint – clear – rock candy
• Tim Holtz distress Ink – gathered twigs
• Tattered Floral Bigz Sizzix die – Tim Holtz
• Mini butterfly die by Sizzix – Tim Holtz
• A word band idea-ology – Tim Holtz
• Adhesive, glue dots and glue
Have a great rest of your week and happy weekend ahead.
Be sure to check-out Violet Divine Scrapbooking site and place your order today for the My Mind’s Eye kit – this is a great steal for the pricing based on all the products that are plentiful in this kit.