Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Carlene Xmas canvas project-Dec13

I wanted to share the canvas project I made as a gift for Christmas for my sister Carlene Fagg.



I loved this project I made. It incorporated many elements. I completed this canvas by using Authentique paper.   The paper came from their Collection: Be (you)tiful "Integrate" & "Persevere" paper.  My friend Michael Farrell really turned me onto this paper when seeing him create several cards with this collection. 

I love the Authentique brand and the bee design really gave me a creative thought to making this project for my sister.

Items used in this project were:
- 1 sheet 12x12 Authentique Paper "Integrate" Paper Item #BEY006
- 1 sheet 12x12 Authentique Paper "Persevere" Paper Item #BEY003
- 1 sheet 8.5in by 11in Bazzill grey cardstock
- 1 Artist's Loft 8inX10in canvas
- 1 Ranger 6.25 in x 3.25 in #8 manila tag
- Tim Holtz - Stampersanonymous stencil - HONEYCOMB THS005
- Tim Holtz - Stampersanonymous stencil - MEASURED THS012
- 1 Tim Holtz idea-ology Journaling ticket
- The bee stamp from Tim Holtz-stampersanonymous ODDITIES CMS083 set
- One of the stamps from Tim Holtz-stampersanonymous STUFFTOSAY CMS110 set
- I also incorpated some brads, embellishments, stains, etc

I first took the canvas and used old paper stain to age the canvas.  I then took the grey card stock from bazzil and attached to canvas after dirtying up the sides by distressing.  Once I had that completed and attached with adhesive to the canvas I then used the Authentique paper to layer in the back ground. 

I incorporated a tag into the canvas to keep to the overall theme. In making the tag I used the Embossing with Stencils technique I learned in Tim's creative chemistry 2 class.

I then just finished assembly and marring my work to give the finished project a distressed/vintage feel.

Thanks for stopping by my blog but wanted to share this canvas project I made.  It was a lot of fun and one I almost couldn't part with.  I find many times when you put your heart and soul into a project when it is completed you don't want to part with it.   But I always realize that means I made this with great love and attention to detail.   I am so glad my sister loved this piece I made for her and the best part was seeing her smile when she opened the gift at Christmas.

Thanks,

Trent-TMCreative




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment