Friday, October 11, 2013

Tim Holtz -Creative Chemistry 102 - Day 1 - Distress Paints

 Well Tim Holtz had his Creative Chemistry 102 class October 7th through 14th
  Due to work I haven't been able to start the class and reviewing all the great projects and techniques.  So below I have shared Day 1 and what I made based on the Techniques he taught - Marbling, Colored Crackle, Altered Surfaces, Eroded Metallics, Stamping Resist, and Industrial.
The first day of this class was great. Tim gave a great tutorial on paints and their properties.  He then taught us six techniques.
DAY 1 - Let the fun and creativity begin.....

  • First Technique - Distress Paint Marbling Technique. Here is the tag I made based on this technique.  Biggest thing learned and to remember is once distress paints are dry they are permanent and will no longer blend. 





  • Second Technique - Altered Surface Technique - here is the tag I made to illustrate this technique. 





  • Third Technique - Colored Crackle Technique   





  • Fourth Technique - Eroded Metallic Technique -  this takes practice and patients.  It took me four tags to nail the correct effect. 





  • Fifth Technique - Stamping Resist Technique -  really cool 





  • Sixth Technique - Industrial Technique -  LOVE this





I hope you enjoy the tags I created on Day 1 of Creative Chemistry 102.   I am having a ball so far with the continuation of Creative Chemistry. I will now start Day 2 and be sharing the great techniques soon. 
Thanks for visiting my blog and until I post my next update on this great class.  If you haven't taken Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry classes I highly suggest it.
Trent


No comments:

Post a Comment