Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Design Birthday card project

Last night I made a special birthday card for a dear friend of mine. I used the My Minds Eye Kit that can be purchased on www.violetdivinescrapbooking.com.

When making this card I utilized the following products contained in the kit:
- 1 Sheet of Memorable "Hello" Friendly Paper - My Minds Eye
- 1 Sheet of Memorable "Hello" Cordial Paper - My Minds Eye
- some of the Pink & White Bakers Twine - some of the white lace
- 5 of the Pink Divine Blooms
- 5 of the Teal & White Divine Blooms
 - Two of the My Minds Eye Decorative Brads

Items used not part of the Kit:
- Adhesive, glue dots, double sided tape
- word band
- Tim Holtz Alterations - Chip Block Alphabet Sizzlits Decorative Strip
- Tim Holtz Styled Labels
- Grunge board
- Tim Holtz Distress paints - walnut, broken china and salty ocean
- Tim Holtz gathered twig distress stain
- blending tool
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core by core'dinations - No 21 - dark brown
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology sand paper and sander block
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Word Bands - one from the pack

I first took my card stock and cut it to 10 x 7 and then made it a 5x7 (A7) size. I then used the gathered twig distress ink and distressed the edge of the card all around.

Next I took the two patterned My Minds Eye paper and cut the so that I could layer the patters onto the plain card stock. I again distressed out the edges with gathered twig to give it a vintage distress feel.

My next step was to attach those to the card stock with adhesive. I then cut out a decorative strip with grunge board. I used Tim Holtz distress paints Walnut / Broken China / Salty ocean by completing a layering technique. I used the sanding block to then rough it up and then distressed the piece with gathered twig stain.

I attached that to the card then I accented the piece with divine blooms, chip block lettering, lace, brads and word band.

 This was a really fun card to make and I hope my friend enjoys for her birthday.  I hope you enjoy this design project and thanks for checking out my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment