Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday, August 13th-canvas project

Tonight, I finally completed a canvas project that I have had in process for awhile. I started out with using a 5in x 7in canvas and then used Tim holtz distress paints to create an awesome back ground. I utilized the following colors - forest moss, vintage photo, mowed lawn and antique bronze. I drug the canvas through the paints several times and dried through swipes to achieve the over all technique. I also sprayed water in one of my final passes on the canvas to give an even more awesome back ground.

Then I took the classic Tim holtz stampers anonymous stampset #1 and used the butterfly stamp. I used black archival ink and then stamped it on the dry canvas. I then took the washer border strip dye and cut it out using craft core core'dinations paper and sanded out the paper to give me worn effect. I then used gathered twig distress ink to distress out the strip. I then used adhesive to attach the strip die to canvas. I then selected several embellishments and a word saying to giving the canvas meaning.

This was a fun project. One more thing off my list. Here is the finished product.




I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment