Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Card Design Project - GCD/Carta Bella Kit

  Happy Tuesday!  I hope everyone is enjoying there week and finding time to do some crafting.

I wanted to share another card design project I completed for Violet Divine Scrapbooking.  I designed this card using the GCD/Carta Bella Kit.

Here is what I used from the kit when making this card:
  • Black Lace
  • 1 - sheet of CARTA BELLA-antique silhouetts
  • 1 - sheet of Core'dinations Card Stock Black Soot
  • 1 - sheet of Core'dinations Card Stock Tumbled Glass
  • CARTA BELLA stickers
Items used outside of the kit:
  • Tim Holtz - Ranger - Black Soot Distress Ink
  • Tim Holtz - Ranger - Evergreen Bough Distress Ink
  • adhesive, glue dots, scissors and sand paper
  • Tim Holtz - Sizzix - Alterations - Ornate Frame Die - #658720

For this design project I started out cutting the Core'dinations Card Stock black soot to 10x7.  Then folded the card stock in half to give me a 5x7 card.  

I then cut the Core'dinations Card Stock Tumbled Glass and CARTA BELLA-antique silhoetts paper to desired size for layering effect.

I attached the Tumbled Glass paper to the card stock with adhesive.  Before attaching I scored the sides and distressed out the edging with Black Soot Distress Ink. 

I then took the antique silhoetts paper and distressed out the edges with black soot distress ink.  I then wrapped the black lace around the top and bottom of the patterned paper.  Then I adhesive that onto the Tumbled glass.  

I then cut out the Ornate Frame with Core'dinations Card Stock with black soot. I then roughed up the edges and accented with Evergreen Bough Distress ink. 

I attached that to the card stock and then added additional elements to accent the piece with stickers from the CARTA BELLA sticker sheet and added a lace bow with a floral accent. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you enjoyed this project.

Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment