Saturday, April 4, 2015

Steampunk Canvas Swap

 Good evening my fellow crafters/artists and friends.  I wanted to share a project I recently made for a steampunk canvas swap I was in for March.

 This style (steampunk) puts me out of my comfort zone but as my friend Michael told me "Swaps are suppose to push us outside of our safe space"; so true.   For this swap I decided that I wanted to use a technique that I love to do called "Verda Technique". 

 In a previous post where I was in a container swap I provided in my post how to complete this technique.  So I used this technique as my based to the canvas.


 I know that a true steampunk project has a good cross blend of masculine/feminine together with victorian influences (Michael again helped educate me on this).   So I decided for this project to use Tim Holtz dies for gears and pocket watch. 


I then layered in metal embellishments and finished off with a stamped image.

I hope you like the steampunk canvas I created.  This was hard to give away once I completed it.

Trent-TMCreative

1 comment: