Tuesday, February 17, 2015

2015 Valentines Day Card

 Happy Tuesday! I wanted to share my Valentines Day Card I made and sent out this year.  This year's Valentines card I kept my design simple but still incorporated the use of my sewing machine.  I love how this adds just that additional touch of detail to your project.   Below is some high-level steps to completing this project and supplies I used for this years card.

The supplies I used when making this card were:
  • paper used: red card stock, pink card stock, manila card stock and patterned paper
  • distress ink: gathered twig
  • dies: pearl drop ~ tim holtz sizzix alterations bigz die # 659437
  • embellishments (idea-ology): long fasteners, adornments arrows
  • supplies: paper distresser, pop-dots, double sided tape, black thread, vagabond, sewing machine and craft pick. 
  • archival: black ink
  • stamp: valentines day stamp for inside of card
When completing this project I completed the following:

Step 1: cut the red card stock down to give me a card size 5in by 7in card

Step 2: cut the pink card stock down to 4.75 in by 6.75in

Step 3: cut the manila card stock down to 4.5 in by 6.5in

Step 4: I then used a paper distresser to rough up the edges of the pink and manila card stock. I then used double sided tape to attach those two pieces of card stock together.

Step 5: Then using my sewing machine I ran a simple stitch around the edges of the pink and manila card stock.  I used gathered twig distress ink to dirty up the sides of the card stock. 

Step 6: I used some pattern paper to cut out the pearl drop die

Step 7: I then used my sewing machine to stitch the pearl drops together with several different styles of stiches.

Step 8: I anchored the tag together with four idea-ology long fasteners by attaching the that through the manila card stock into the pink card stock.

Step 9: I attached the heart to the car with double sided tape.

Step 10: I finished off the card by attaching the idea-ology adornment arrow to the card with pop-dots.

Step 11: The final step was then to stamp a valentines saying in the interior of the card and then send it out to my family and friends.

Here is a picture of the finished card I made for 2015.
I hope you enjoyed my card and thanks for stopping by my blog.  Let me know if you have questions.

Trent-TMCreative


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I really do like your card, Trent, and the step by step tutorial you gave us. It is really to wonderful and I can see you create with your heart as it shows in all your work
    You are wonderfully creative!! I do appreciate your art and always look forward to your blogs to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn thanks and glad you enjoyed. Very kind of you

    ReplyDelete