Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thanksgiving card made 2014

This years thanksgiving card for me was a challenge and driven inspiration for spirit. I lost my father in July of this year and was dreading the start of the holiday season. He was a great man and I know he loved how my creative exploration had expanded in being an artist.

When thinking about my thanksgiving card I wanted to incorporate several elements- card board, dimension, use of seeing machine and to have my favorite style of distress/vintage. So I embarked on the mental process of thinking what can I do.

In any process of trying to create something fresh, new and amazing you sometimes over think it. However, this year was a mental challenge as I wanted to do something that my father would love and appreciate if he were here (I know he was with me in spirit).

Supplies used in this project were:
- brown card stock
- card board
- a autumn background card stock (Authentique paper)
- gathered twig and walnut distress stain
- potting soil archival ink (Wendy Vecchi)
- Sizzix blueprint stamp/die acorn blue print (tim holtz)
- brown thread and sewing machine
- happy fall stamp
- adhesives, ink blending tool
- distress markers - gathered twig and brushed cordary

I then started my process of creation through playing with my materials to develop my concept and to then replicate it 18 times.

Here is the finished card I made and truly love how it turned out.



I hope you like and thanks for stopping by.

Trent-TMCreative


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment